The Sound Alliance, in King and Pierce Counties, is made up of faith, labor and community organizations dedicated to building a base of everyday citizen leaders to effectively stand for change they want to see in their communities.
Join us at for this 9-hour training to learn our organizing model and to be part of our work for the common good!
The Institute provides content based on the philosophy and practices developed by the Industrial Areas Foundation (IAF) in over 70 years of organizing experience. The topics include:
- Why organize? – Examine the history, tradition and values of our labor, faith, community and educational organizations.
- Fundamental organizing skills – Learn tools to conduction individual relational meetings, listening sessions, research, negotiations and action to help obtain a concrete winnable outcome.
- Strengthening our institutions – Engage people systematically in a culture that is relational, action-oriented, and reflective.
- Problems vs. Issues – Focus from general problems to concrete, winnable issues by using relational power in the public arena to negotiate for the common good.
- Participants from Sound Alliance member organizations: FREE
- Participants NOT from Sound Alliance member organizations: $50.00 (to be applied to future membership dues)
- Lunch will be provided. We are asking for a $10 donation to offset costs.
- Free parking
To register, please please fill out this form.
Registration deadline: Tuesday, August 20, 2019.
30525 8TH Ave S
Federal Way, WA 98003
Google map and directions