Join us at for this 8-hour training to learn our organizing model and to be part of our work for the common good!
Friday, August 2, 7-9 pm
Saturday, August 3, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
St. John United Lutheran Church, 5515 Phinney Ave. N., Seattle, WA 98103
The Institute provides content based on the philosophy and practices developed by the Industrial Areas Foundation (IAF) in over 70 years of organizing experience. The topics include:
- Why organize? – Examine the history, tradition and values of our labor, faith, community and educational organizations.
- Fundamental organizing skills – Learn tools to conduction individual relational meetings, listening sessions, research, negotiations and action to help obtain a concrete winnable outcome.
- Strengthening our institutions – Engage people systematically in a culture that is relational, action-oriented, and reflective.
- Problems vs. Issues – Focus from general problems to concrete, winnable issues by using relational power in the public arena to negotiate for the common good.
- Participants from Sound Alliance member organizations: FREE
- Participants NOT from Sound Alliance member organizations: $50.00 (to be applied to future membership dues)
- Lunch will be provided. We are asking for a $10 donation to offset costs.
- Free parking
To register, please complete this form.
Registration deadline: Monday, July 29, 2019