Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 and recommendations from the King County Health Department, this event has been postponed. We plan to reschedule for later this spring, so please stay tuned!
The Sound Alliance, in King and Pierce Counties, is made up of faith, labor, and community organizations dedicated to building a base of every day citizen leaders to effectively stand for change they want to see in their communities.
Join us for this 9-hour training to learn our organizing model and to be a part of our work for the common good!
The Institute provides content based on the philosophy and practices developed by the Industrial Areas Foundation (IAF) in 80 years of organizing experience. The topics include:
- Why Organize? – Examine the history, traditions, and values of our labor, faith, community and educational organizations.
- Fundamental Organizing Skills – Learn tools to conduct individual relational meetings, listening sessions, research, negotiations and action to help obtain a concrete, winnable outcome.
- Strengthening Our Institutions - Engage people systematically in a culture that is relational, action-oriented and reflective.
- Problem vs. Issues – Focus from general problems to concrete, winnable issues by using relational power in the public arena to negotiate for the common good.
- Participants from Sound Alliance member organizations: FREE
- Participants NOT from Sound Alliance member organizations: $50.00 (can be applied to future organizational membership dues)
- Lunch will be provided on Saturday. We are asking for a $10 donation to offset costs.
- Free parking
To register, click here for parts 1 and 2.
For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration deadline: Tuesday, March 10, 2020
15205 52nd Ave S
Tukwila, WA 98188
Google map and directions